“Mary will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” Matthew’s Gospel 1:21
Christmas Church Services 2020
We very much look forward to seeing you at this year’s Christmas services. Because of COVID-19 restrictions you must book for each service and read the attendance guidance on this page.
Christmas Eve Communion Service 24 December, 11.15pm [Booking deadline Tuesday 22 December]
Together we will celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ in the Eight Ash Green Church. The Holy Communion will be prepared and distributed in a Covid safe way. Space is limited and booking is essential. Please read the attendance guidance below.
Epiphany Service 3rd January 10.00am. Join us in-person at Fordham Church building or online as we focus on the meaning of the wise men’s visit to the infant Jesus. Booking is not required. Please read the attendance guidance below.
How to Book All bookings are through the church office except for the Christmas Eve Carols by Starlight (which can be booked through Eventbrite). The office is open from Tuesday – Friday 9.30am – 2.30pm. The office will be closed for the Christmas holiday from 2.30pm on Christmas Eve, reopening on Tuesday 5th January.
Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org 01206 243261.
Attendance Guidance for services inside the Fordham & Eight Ash Green Church buildings
Please be assured that we are taking your welfare seriously and have thought carefully about how we run our Christmas services.
Please do not attend a service if you have a high temperature; a new persistent cough; changes in your sense of smell or taste; if you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or has displayed symptoms; or you have been advised to isolate by a Test and Trace operator.
- Please use the hand sanitiser as you enter and leave the building.
- You will be asked to give your name and contact telephone number. This is for NHS Test and Trace purposes and will not be passed on to anyone else.
- Unless you are in a group of people who have a specific exemption, face coverings must be worn in the church buildings. Please ensure your face covering covers your nose and mouth and is put on before you enter the building.
- A 2m social distance rule applies inside and outside the building.
- We are not permitted to sing inside the church buildings.
- The Government guidance is that when attending a public gathering you should only socialise with those that are in your household/bubble whether inside or outside the building.
Let us Know Your favourite Carol
Let the church office know your favourite Christmas carol by Friday 18th December and we will include the top three requests in the Christmas services.